Sunday, February 14, 2016

Where and What


Yep, that's me almost 3 weeks ago.  If you were wondering where I had been I was trapped in  hospital bed plotting a way to escape.  LOL! Honestly, I was diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic when I was rushed to the ER with blood sugars over 1000.  I know right! Yes, 1067 to be exact.  The many doctors and nurses that worked together to save my life were shocked and bemused at that number.  While I slipped in and out of consciousness the tone of every one's conversation was that they had never witnessed anyone having blood sugars this high.  I was scared.  I think sometimes Doctors give you the worst case scenario.  So, when it doesn't happen they become your hero.  But, I didn't care I was in trouble and I needed all of them to get me out of it.  My recent podcast reflects my feelings on being diagnosed with the "silent" killer.  Also, I pay homage to my mother who is also fighting a more serious health battle.  Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment