Friday, October 11, 2013

National Coming Out Day!!


October 11, 2013 is National Coming Out Day.  
NCOD was founded in 1988 by Robert Eichberg, a psychologist from New Mexico and founder of the personal growth workshop, The Experience, and Jean O'Leary, an openly gay political leader from Los Angeles and then head of the National Gay Rights Advocates.[2][3] The date of October 11 was chosen because it was the anniversary of the 1987 National March on Washington for Lesbian and Gay Rights.[1] (wikipedia)
My story was a difficult one.  I was dating a married man until his wife found out.  Some what ostracised by the gay community for being involved with a married man.  But, no one understood my personal struggle. But when my family embraced me for who I was not who I chose to sleep with. I forgot about society and concentrated on growing into the man (gay) that I am today.  Take a listen to my full story below. 








No comments:

Post a Comment