Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Patch: Day 2

Okay, so you know I have been doing this quit smoking thing.  Today was the the second day, for me, not smoking. I feel pretty good about my accomplishment.  Yeah, I know it has only been 2 days.  But, if you have every quit smoking or if you are a smoker than you know what I am talking about. 2 days is an accomplishment!  So, I have been using the transdermal patches.  They actually work.  The program is set up in the 3 stages.  If you are a heavy smoker (in which I didn't think I was) you start with the strongest patch (21mg).  You use the 21mg patch for 2 weeks (1 a day).  Then for 2 weeks a 14mg patch and then for one week a 7mg patch.  After you use all the patches you are supposed to be cigarette free.  Well today I had noticed that toward the end of the day my cravings were getting a little stronger.  I thought to myself do I need to use one of the 7mg patches in the evening to help the now weaker 21mg patch.  I decided that wasn't the thing to do.  I would just have to use my willpower to get through the evening and fall asleep fast.  Tomorrow is day 3. I have some reservations though.  I tend to get bored at my job.  I have noticed in the past that I smoke more when I am bored.  But, I know if I can make it through the remainder of the week.  I will be free of this addiction and on to a healthier life style.  Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment