Wednesday, June 25, 2014

OMG CON!!


OMG! I cannot believe this was my 3rd Comic Book Convention of the year.  Not what I expected but I really had an enjoyable time. Even with a few minute organizational problems early Saturday morning, OMG delivered.

This was the first time I was able to attend OMG CON.  It was moved from Paducah, KY to the Owensboro, KY Convention Center for this year's festivities.

I had never been to the convention center in O'boro.  I was very impressed.  It was very modern looking and spacious.  I can see why they get so many more Broadway plays than in my area.

I was able to find my way upstairs to the Con Ops room for my press pass.  I felt a little weird by the gentleman who was setting me up with my badge.  He was nice enough but I think his perceptions of me (presumed) were a little off putting.  We begin making our rounds around the venue and the Cosplayers did not disappoint.  



It was definitely an Anime even because of the lack of traditional comic books available in the vendor area.  Although, I was able to get a pretty cool anime themed cover art for my Superman Wonder Woman.  I spoke to a nice young lady named Jen from Daycon which will be holding their annual Anime convention in September. 


Below is a live clip I managed to record while I was in their huge and entertaining gaming area.  They probably had 100+ televisions and game consoles. It also smelled like a fanboy basement.  But, it was worth it to see all the games.  I even played one on the Wii-U.



Here my full review below:

 









No comments:

Post a Comment