Thursday, September 9, 2010

Been awhile


Well what can I say.  It has been awhile since I have had the chance to just blog about anything on my site.  I haven't even had a chance to catch on other blogs that I read.  So I do apologize for not blogging more. But, not too much has been going on.  I did have a birthday so now I am a year older.  I bet you though I was going to tell my age.  NOT! I am not actually that old.  But, I feel like it sometimes.  But, the birthday was cool.  Sort of low-key.  I had a nice Italian dinner with some friends. Then we hit the local gay strip bar Swinging Richards to end the night.  At one point one of the strippers takes off my glasses and places it on his private parts.  It was a fun night.  This passed Monday, Labor Day, a friend and I went to a local Atlanta attraction.. Stone Mountain Park.  It was our first time visiting the park and it was amazing.  I wish we had more time there, because there were several things I wanted to experience.  But, the main thing was the mountain and getting on top.  In order to get on top you either had to hike or ride the Sky Ride to the top.  Well since I wasn't prepared to hike 5 miles to the top, we took the sky lift.  Now, I should tell you that I have a small fear of heights and this is WAY beyond anything that I have ever done in recent years. My buddy encouraged me to just do it and so I did.  It was a little hair raising, but I made it up without incident.  I was so happy that I did.  The view from top was well worth a little discomfort or the uncertainty that I felt getting up there.  Although the ride down was another story all together, but I made it through that too.  To end the little excursion to the mountain we had the chance to see a laser light show and fireworks display. I was awestruck to say the least.   So, that's it.  A few things going on in my life.. Nothing major.. until next time..

No comments:

Post a Comment