Monday, November 17, 2014

My Last Convention Of The Year




It was a little bittersweet to say the least (I didn't mean to rhyme) when I was leaving my last comic book convention of the year. I have been to so many this year and now it's over until 2015.  I will have to say that this last local one closed out my convention year nicely.  Firstly, everyone that I have attended I have had a lot of fun.  I have been blessed with press passes for the majority of the conventions.  I have met some great people and picked up some cool items and artwork.  

The Geek Galaxy Comic Con was held, for the first time, this year in Evansville, IN.  I was highly anticipating this local con because I heard through the grapevine that it was being spear-headed by the organizers from Lexington Comic Con. The guest list was Power Rangers heavy and 3 of the original Rangers were in attendance. The Red Ranger Austin St. John , The Black Ranger Walter Jones and Blue Ranger David Yost were all here Go Go Power Ranger-ing All Over The Con.  
photo credit SciFied
Although, I wasn't a personal Power Rangers' Fan there were plenty of other who were happy to see them at a local show.  Also, in attendance was Star Wars' Jake Lloyd and Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca). 
The convention also had some notable voice actors Jim Cummings (Darkwing Duck) and Mark Dodson (Gremlins).  The media guest list also included other power ranger alumni and professional cosplay guest.
l. to r. Jake Lloyd, Jim Cummings, Mark Dodson


  


Check out the above podcast for a complete review of Geek Galaxy Comic Con.

\
Until next year Live Long & Prosper

No comments:

Post a Comment