Thursday, July 28, 2016

SDCC and Me Part 1




I thought it never could be possible.  Me, attending the Con to Conquer all Cons, the big one, the predecessor, the one and only SAN DIEGO COMIC CON!! 

Well, that possibility turned into reality last weekend as I attended for the 1st time ever SDCC. It was a trip that was made permanent in February as friends of mine obtained the holy grail of tickets.  With 900,000 people clamored for the elusive tickets, I was able to get 2.  

It would be a trip full of first.  My first official family vacation where I was joined by my niece, nephew and sister.  Also, it was the first time any of us had seen the west coast or the ocean even. Lastly, it was the first time for me to take to the skies, not as a superhero, but as a passenger on United Airlines.  I also was able to conquer my fear of flying. 

On Wednesday, we drove to St. Louis with visions of geekdom in our heads and thoughts of our mother in our hearts.  But, determined to make it to the our destination we pushed on and pushed all worry out of our heads. I had heard horror stories about going into airports and getting through TSA and finding the correct gates to catch your flight.  But, the process seemed easier than I expected.  With phone and United Airlines app in hand the journey began after being checked through St. Louis' Lamber Airport and waiting a few hours we were on the plane and up in the air. 


Arriving in San Francisco, we were greeted at the baggage claim by Conan advertisements adorning everything.  And we were officially in San Diego awaiting to start our adventure.

 


Listen in to the first podcast about our first night in San Diego.

No comments:

Post a Comment